Pleasure or competition cart for sale
Wooden cart for medium to large, cob-size pony or small horse. Previously used for combined driving competitions and pleasure driving with a 13-hand pony. Would fit 13-14.2 hand pony or small, compact horse (Fjord size) depending on build and proportions. My pony was a solidly built Appaloosa with a fairly big rump and I was competing in New England combined driving events. I am selling it because I no longer have horses.
Cart style is a modified Meadowbrook/road cart type body (no fenders, whip rail or glove box). It has always been stored indoors but could use a fresh coat of paint on body and shafts. High-quality wood wheels with steel hub and rubber tire. Seat is upholstered with black vinyl and folds down. Wheels are gloss finish in burgundy color.
- Wood body
- Wood wheels, steel hubs, rubber tires
- Wheel height : 39″
- Wheel base width : from wheel to wheel 49″, with axle 58″
- Shaft length : 72″
- Shaft width : at back 32″, at narrowest point in front 24″
- Shaft height from ground when level : 35″
- Cart body dimensions : 46″ long, 37″ wide, 23″ high (floor to seat).
- Seat width : 37″
- Seat back height (in upright position) : 12″
- Distance from seat to dash : 27″
- Weight : I am guessing about 150 lbs as I’ve never weighed it. Two adults can easily lift it into a pickup truck bed; I regularly loaded it alone by rolling up two planks into the truck.
The cart is currently stored in Sunderland, MA. Please phone Kristen Whittle at 413-222-4712 to arrange to see it. Email inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com. Payment accepted by credit card, PayPal, Venmo or cash on pickup.
Photos © Dana Whittle